The library was established in the year 1971.
- The library has more than 29000 + books
- The library introduced barcode based computerized circulation system with the help of ILMS Koha.
- Reading room facility available for students and teachers to study
- Internet facility is available in library building to access library books
- High Speed WiFi facility is also available for teachers and students to access library books
- Library building is under uninterrupted power supply (UPS) for smooth access and study
- Library building and reading room are under CCTV surveillance
- E-books and e-journals are available for the library user under “National Library and Information Services Infrastructure for Scholarly content (N-LIST)” Program
- Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC) facilities for students adopted in the library
- Daily Newspapers: Bengali – i) Anandabazar and ii) Pratidin
English – Statesman are available in reading room
- Reference books are available
- Inter library loan facility is available
- Home issue: 3 books for each Honours and General students. (For 21 days)
- Books for competitive examinations such as SSC, NET/SET are issued.
- weekly newspaper ‘Karmakhetra’ is available for competitive examination
- Bi-monthly periodicals ‘Safalya’, ‘Pesha Prabesh’ are available for the preparation of competitive examinations
- Bi-monthly Bengali periodical ‘Desh’ is available for all
- Current issues of journals and periodicals are made available to the students and faculty members in the Reading Room.
Monday to Friday: (10.00 AM – 5.00 PM)
Saturday: (10.00 AM – 3.00 PM)
Library website: https://sildacslibrary.wordpress.com
Library OPAC: https://sildacollege-opac.kohacloud.in