About the Department
Welcome to the Department of Mathematics at Silda Chandrasekhar College. Mathematics Department started its journey on 1984. The Department offers undergraduate program leading to Bachelor of Science degree in Mathematics. The intake capacity of department is 30. Our department is affiliated to Vidyasagar University and we follow the syllabus framed by the university. A good academic ambience restores in the department for high level preparation of study. The Departmental faculty members are well-qualified and are dedicated to the success of students.
Faculty members are committed to develop analytical and critical thinking of skills, to enhance/strengthen the concept of Mathematics among the students.
Department prepares a comprehensive curriculum of Mathematics to reach the goal.
Infrastructural Facilities with Logistic Support:
- The department is well equipped with smart classroom to provide quality education. ICT enabled smart classroom with LCD projector is used for multimedia presentation
- The department has a seminar library apart from central library. Departmental Seminar Library has more than 200 books including text and reference books. Students can easily access these books
- Department has repository of VU question papers. Students can prepare themselves for semester examinations/final examination following these question papers
- Department has some computers with internet facilities and updated software like C, C++, MATLAB for the students. They can access computers for i) practical purpose, ii) searching/downloading books/study materials, iii) viewing class lecturers by other Professors, iv) essential works relating to study
- Department often organises student seminar. Students deliver their lecture and gain expert knowledge, improve their communication skills, renew their confidence
- Department arranges tutorial classes for the students apart from formal lecture
- Department arranges frequent class test to evaluate status of the students
- Department always organizes innovative and relevant activities for the students
- Department always emphasizes on effective teaching learning procedure
- Department offers remedial coaching class for poor students of all semesters apart from the normal classes. Remedial classes are taken in morning session to overcome the learning difficulties of the students
- Faculty members are regularly interacted with the students inside the class room as well as outside the classroom
- Faculty members voluntarily help the final semester students for MSc entrance in IIT-JAM and various universities
- Many students of this department are now successfully placed in various fields of work
- Department organises alumni-student-teacher meet and study tour to various places every year
- Department provides a friendly and supportive environment for learning to the students.
Dr. Nirmal Kumar Mandal
Designation : Associate Professor and HOD
Qualification : M.Sc., NET, Ph.D.
Designation : Assistant Professor
Qualification : M.Sc., SET, NET, GATE
Sri Atindra Narayan Sahoo
Designation : SACT - II
Qualification : M.Sc.
Designation : Guest Teacher
Qualification : M.Sc.