Eligibility criteria for admission in U.G. Courses: 2020-21
- Candidates passing Higher Secondary examination conducted by West Bengal council of Higher Secondary Education or any other equivalent board/council (University prescribed only) are eligible for admission in both Hons. and General Courses within 3(Three) consecutive academic sessions from the date of passing the qualifying examination, provided that the candidate must have passed in 5(five) recognised subjects including at least one language subject in the qualifying examination.
- Students who have passed Higher Secondary or equivalent examination with minimum 45% marks in aggregate(to be calculated by adding the marks obtained in the `Best Five` subjects excluding Environmental Studies) or 50% marks in the concerned subject or related subject are eligible to apply for admission in the honours course.
- Criteria for admission in Mathematics: Minimum marks in Mathematics in HS level is 60% and minimum aggregate marks is 60%.
- Students carrying pass marks in at least five subjects are eligible to apply for general course.
- Admission will be done based on merit points and merit point for admission in honours course is to be calculated by adding 10% of total marks obtained in the Best Five subjects (excluding Environmental Studies at Higher Secondary / equivalent examination) and the marks obtained in the subject or related subject in which the admission in honours course is sought.
- Merit point for admission in general course is to be calculated by adding the marks obtained in Best Five subjects excluding Environmental Studies of Higher Secondary / equivalent examinations.
- If any student from Science stream in Higher Secondary / equivalent examination applies for honours course in Bengali/English, his /her merit point is to be calculated proportionately by deducting marks obtained in the practical examination.
- Admission Criteria for BCA:
- Minimum aggregate marks (Best five subjects) in 10+2 level is 45%
- If applicant comes from Science stream in HS level: Minimum 30% in Mathematics
- If applicant comes from Arts stream in HS level: Computer Application as one of the subjects in HS level
- If applicant comes from Commerce stream in HS level: Business Mathematics/Accountancy as one of the subjects in HS level
- If applicant comes from vocational stream in 10+2 level: CAAM, CFAP and BS22 are combination subjects in HS level.
- Government rules will be followed in case of SC/ST/OBC-A/OBC-B/PH candidate.
- Admission will be done strictly in order of merit and all admissions are provisional. The College Authorities will not be responsible for subsequent cancellation of admission due to suppression or false statement of facts by students at the time of admission. Students under no circumstances will be admitted after the last date.